When it comes time to invest your hard earned money, it can be difficult to decide where exactly you want that money to go. You might think back to the long journey it took you to acquire your funds, and even though we probably don’t need to remind you, it’s important that you know that it is important to explore all of your options to find an investment that matches your particular needs.
Two great options for investors are REITs and Holdfolio. Both of these involve investing in real estate in two very different ways.
A REIT, or Real Estate Investment Trusts, is a company that creates revenue via buying, leasing, renting and selling property. Those who invest in REIT’s basically acquire a passive form of income, because they are investing in the market.
• When you invest in an REIT it is highly liquid, meaning it is easy to buy or sell shares at any time.
• There is no hassle. You are not a landlord, you are just a financial backer.
• Since this investment is so low risk, the returns are always very modest ranging from 2-4%.
• There is no transparency! Most REITs are so large that it is unrealistic for an individual investor to understand exactly what is happening with their investment dollars.
• Since this type of investment is directly connected to a property, it does not fluctuate with the stock market.
• You’re in the driver’s seat with Holdfolio. You get to select which portfolios of properties to invest in, so you can choose where your money goes
• You will receive a stronger return of investment. With Holdfolio you can expect the yield to fall between 10-14% on average.
• Property investments are not as liquid, so it is not as easy to quickly sell your shares from Holdfolio.
Your Money, Your Choice
Make the best decision based on your financial needs when it comes to weighing Holdfolio and other options. If you have any additional questions feel free to contact us at Holdfolio!